In April, we are looking at the theme: We believe in salvation through Christ alone. And what better way of looking at this theme with Easter. On Easter Friday I talked about Christ being able to identify with our brokenness because He was broken.
- Broken Body – Mark 15:16-25
- Broken Heart – John 19:31-34
- Broken Promises – Mark 14:29-31;72 (Made to Him by His disciples)
- Broken Dreams – Mark 15:40-42 (of His followers)
He understands our brokenness. On Easter Sunday we continued with this theme: On Friday He was broken; on Sunday He broke through!
- Sin is BROKEN – Romans 6:4-14
- Chains are BROKEN – Isaiah 9:2-7 (Bondages)
- Walls are BROKEN – Ephesians 2:13-19 (Separation from God and united as His people)
The only barrier that exists between anyone and freedom in Christ is a decision – to accept or reject Him as Saviour.