On the 8th Feb, we continued our theme by looking at the stand that Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego made to not bow down to the King’s idol – Daniel 3. We talked about what happens when you make a stand for God:
- Faith rises up in you so that you carry the conviction that ‘God is able.’
- Your faith is tested, sometimes through the fire of injustice.
- His presence is so real and close that you can know Him more intimately then ever before.
- You will know the awesome power of God to save.
- Your conviction with the Spirit’s empowering will move the hearts of others to consider Jesus.
On 22nd Feb, I preached about the need for us to stand with ‘No Compromise’ priorities as a church. I listed the following 7 areas of ‘No Compromise.’ We will not compromise:
- on the triune nature of God.
- on the message of salvation through Christ alone.
- on the truth of the resurrection.
- on the Bible being the Word of God.
- on believing that the Holy Spirit has the power to transform lives.
- on prevailing prayer to move the heart of God.
- on our God-given mandate to reach our world with the spoken and demonstrated love of Jesus.